- To laugh with and treasure my family.
- For the bombing in Palestine and Israel to stop and for food, aid and medicine to flood into Palestine.
Archive for category Thursday
1. Summer! Somebody tell the weather-fairy that it in June and the thermometer on my porch notes the temperature outside is 56 degrees. JUNE!!
2. A flight booked for my son to fly out and spend some quality time this summer in Seattle.
3. An extra week of vacation this year. I want to go to Yellowstone and Hawaii and spend a month with my kids, but I am stuck with the normal “only two weeks off” vacation hole.
4. A quiet place to work at both home and at my J-O-B. It is getting harder and harder to concentrate on so many tasks with all the noise and interruptions that constantly swirl around me. I am contemplating a cardboard cubical door and a Bio-Peligrosos sign saying I have highly contagious airborne HerpieGonnaSyfalClymdiAIDs on my cube opening.
5. To take a long train trip in a private sleeper-car from Canada to Mexico.
6. A place out in the country where I can punch holes in targets. I HATE public ranges!
7. To have a shower at my J-O-B so I can bike to work.
8. A couple pairs of new dress shoes and a drawer full Smart Wool socks.
9. Affordable, quality universal health care for all – please refer to the German system.
A list of stuff and things that I want currently – not that I necessarily need, but that i wuold like to have or see done/happen:
1. More time to read, write, build, snuggle, climb, bike, run, laugh…
2. A twin Murphy-bed in my office disguised as a mid-century modern wardrobe so that we have more guest space.
3. For my year-long kitchen project to be finished
4. To remember the password for my old laptop so I can have access to 10+ years of pictures…
5. My very own spending money that I can do with what I wish without submitting to a vote/need analysis
6. To have my FVCKIN’ tools back that some asshat stole…
7. A few new t-shirts for summer and a flat belly to reside under them.
8. For my Mother and Sister to find the perfect place in life
9. For all the dandelions in my yard to cease to exist
10. I would very much like for the really sad, really pregnant girl I say in Seattle yesterday to find someone/something/someplace that makes her warm, happy, and safe.
What I want Thursday - August 11th, 2011:
- To get more sleep. I find myself not going to bed before 1:00 most nights/mornings and I am up at 7ish. It makes me grumpy.
- To find the drive and initiative to work out. My cookie-handles have now connected with my pot belly and I am not amused, but I haven’t exactly done a great deal to address the situation.
- For my kids to have a great, productive, and interesting school year in 2011/2012.
- I want my sister and Mother’s furniture to arrive from Texas so they can start feeling settled in Seattle.
- It would be great if my J-O-B cubical would stay spotless. The 5S monster has come.
- I wish I could drink my coffee without sugar. It would really help me shed the Santa-fat.
- Were in the HELL is my iPhone charging cord?!?!?!?!
- More time with my children. No one ends this life with the thought – ‘Man, I should of spent more time working...’
- The Longines 2011 24hr watch. Unveiled at Basel World 2011 and is an update of the Classic Swiss Air pilots watch custom made for the airline in the 1950s. It has a half-hunter case that NEEDS a picture of my wife and kids in it.
- A great sport coat that looks as good with jeans as it does with a tie and slacks.
- For my birthday to finally arrive so that I do not feel bad about buying an iPad2. I both need and want a new computer and I figured out that I can do 95% of what I need to do on a daily basis on a pad. As soon as I can open and edit CAD file reliably, then it will be 100%. I have started lusting.
What I Want Thursday was meant to be a weekly post but due to the realities of my J-O-B and growing list of home improvement projects, it has now become a bi-monthly (hopefully…) utterance. For this Thursday I would like:
- For traffic to slow the fvck down on 35th Ave! – A ticket was handed out last week for 62mph in a 35mph zone and 50+ seems to be the norm.
- For my kids to write me real snail-mail letters in addition to dialing the phone, typing a single line e-mail, or sending me a text. I do not want my generation to be the last that prizes personal tangible communication. I want my children to send Thank You cards, notes of congratulations, and sympathy. Manners are small gifts we give to other people, often strangers, that mean so very much…
- For my kitchen remodel to be finished and done with. I would like a celebratory breakfast of bacon, eggs, fine pressed coffee, OJ, flakey croissants, and lavender honey at the table in the breakfast nook. I would like a morning free of worry and noise to enjoy my breakfast in our new clean, bright, painted kitchen, while reading the day’s International Herald Tribune.
- Some BADASS/useful luggage for my frequent international travel. No more fvcking roller wheels!! Real bags, that look good with jeans or a suit. I like this one from Monocle, A similar one from a guy in Portland, and a new laptop messenger from Timbuck2 in all black.
- More book shelves. I need 8’ or so of shelf space in the office, 4’ in the kitchen for our cookbooks, and 3-5’ in our master bedroom to accommodate our home library. Some cool bookend would be snazzy as well. These or these or these would work nicely.
- For iTunes to realize I do not live in Germany anymore and to FINALLY switch my account over to a US one. Every time I buy a song or app, I get charged in Euros and I have to call in, explain the issue for the umpteenth time and they send me a refund for the difference in 10-14 days.